Sunday, July 14, 2013

Meal Planning Sunday

Meal planning is definitely the best way to save my sanity for the week. There's something about realizing it's 5:30 and that I have no time to make the meal I had "planned" to make. Or that we have nothing to eat and no plans. My husband and I are not big fans of take-out, freeze meals, or "box-meals." I definitely use my share of convenience foods (jarred marinara, pre-shredded cheeses, pre-chopped garlic), but I still like my meals as "home-cooked" as possible.

Here's our plan for the week:

Sunday and Monday: Chicken Taco Casserole

Via


Via
Wednesday: Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf and salad

Via


Thursday: Leftovers!

Friday: Slow-Cooker Bacon-Wrapped Apple BBQ Chicken and Skinny Baked Broccoli Macaroni and Cheese
Via


Via

Preparation plans:

Sunday: For the Chicken Taco Casserole, I will use chicken that I poached (originally for chicken salad). I'll cut it into bite-size/shredded pieces and prepare the casserole according to the directions.

Monday: Prepare the Strada and refrigerate overnight.

Tuesday: Cook the Strada. Prepare the meatloaf and refrigerate overnight. (P.S. - this is a great freezer meal. If we end up not needing this meal, I will probably pop it in the freezer.)

Wednesday: Cook the meatloaf. Prepare the salad.

Thursday: Prepare the macaroni and cheese and refrigerate overnight.

Friday: Cook Slow-Cooker Chicken. Cook macaroni and cheese.


No comments:

Post a Comment